My friends shared a blog post with me the other day, knowing that Tucker’s and my anniversary was coming up. (Yep, as of today, we’ve been dating for four years now!) The blogger’s post was about celebrating her anniversary and to commemorate the moment she created this ridiculously rad list of questions to answer pertaining to the past year! My friend took the liberty to add some of her own questions that she’d like the answers to. Well, here goes nothing!
1. What has brought you closer together this year? This is going to sound weird to most, but I think the distance this year really brought us closer. I love closing the distance with Tucker every summer and being able to see him whenever I want, but this school year we both have grown so much by being away from each other. I’ve taken a huge stride towards the career that I want and Tucker is finally getting some time to think about what is in store for him. The distance really makes you cherish the moments you have with each other, and since we are both more crazy busy than usual, it makes it that much more special.
2. What has been the most challenging obstacle this year? Tucker’s grandfather passed away in February, which has been really hard for both of us to cope with. I’ll always remember Grandpa Claude as a charming gentleman. He’s such a contagious flirt! (: This first time I met him, he was trying to convince me that I should date older men like him, haha! I’ll really miss him. <3
3. What is one “disastrous” moment you know can look back on and laugh about? Well, this isn’t exactly disastrous, but it was pretty embarrassing at the time! Tucker and I were having rounds of shots with his guy friends and playing Never Have I Ever. I was the only girl there, and needless to say, I embarrassed myself for all eternity!
4. Anything shocking you learned about your significant other? I learned that Tucker really loved that I was a vegetarian when we were first dating because he never had to share his food with me! Ha (: Otherwise, I’d say that I learned Tucker feels to most loved when we go out and I’m wearing the jewelry that he has given me.
5. Favorite date? This is tough because I love all the dates that we go on! Well, I’d have to say this weekend we had a pretty fun time. Tucker surprised me on Thursday night and stayed until this morning. We spent a lot of time cuddling and watching movies! But we also had time to go out and have dinner and hang with a few friends. I think the cutest part of the weekend was Tucker treating me and my roommate to Cupcake because I have been begging for it forever! We also had fun going to the zoo. (: I’m looking forward to next time he comes because he said that he’s going to take me out for breakfast because I’m a sucker for quirky breakfast places and their delicious food!
6. What are you most looking forward to in the upcoming year? My best friend invited Tucker and I on a camping trip to the Boundary Waters with her and her girlfriend! Tucker and I haven’t gone camping together before so we’re looking forward to relaxing together and some fishing! I’m also looking forward to going to rodeo with him. (:
If you have any other questions you’d like to hear the answer to just hit up my ask! Have a good one my lovelies xoxo
“Walk with me for awhile, maybe you will like the pace we go at, or you will enjoy the conversations we have. Perhaps you will want to stay with me for a little while longer, maybe you’ll laugh at my jokes and I’ll fall in love with your wit. Maybe we’ll stay on this path together until we reach home and maybe, just maybe, we’ll call it ours.”—T.B. LaBerge // The Novel of Us (via blissfulbeardsdoitbest)
“They didn’t agree on much. In fact, they didn’t agree on anything. They fought all the time and challenged each other ever day. But despite their differences, they had one important thing in common. They were crazy about each other.”—Nicholas Sparks, The Notebook (via observando)